All of life is learning to let go.
Letting go of perfection, accepting what is.
Letting go of our youth as we age, and discovering the beauty of wisdom.
Letting go of our kids as they grow up.
Letting go of our expectations of others.
Letting go of our need to control.
Letting go of things that don’t serve a purpose in our lives.
Letting go of our false selves.
“If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it … what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul.” ~ The Bible
Learning to let go in the concrete, tangible world of our possessions, is a great springboard for learning to let go of the more intangible things in life.
As we learn to let go:
- We live lighter and more peacefully in the world and in our minds.
- We can appreciate beauty without feeling the need to own or control it.
- We enjoy our friends, our families, our children, for who they are now, not who we think they should be.
- We get in touch with our true selves.
- We can learn to find joy in the midst of the messy, beautiful chaos of life.