- My new baby fiddle leaf fig. Simple and beautiful.
2. This coffee grinder. I love the process of making my morning coffee. I used to buy ground coffee, but now buy beans and grind them by hand. It takes longer, yes, but I can use the time to be mindful, to start the day slowly, and to pay attention and be grateful for the small things.
3. My matchy matchy spice jars. Many of you will have heard me quoting and quoting my favourite William Morris saying: “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” Finding things that are both useful and beautiful makes me happy. Like I say, small things.
4. Ballet. I’ve just started adult ballet classes again after 20 years. I LOVE it. If you’re keen to pick up a hobby but can’t think what, remembering back to what you loved doing as a child will often give you a few clues.
5. The book Simple Matters by Erin Boyle. I like this quote from it:
Our lives aren’t always simple but our homes can be.
So true. A simplified home certainly helps offset the challenges life inevitably throws at us.
Happy Friday everyone. xx